Too many words

I recently started a new project on GitHub: a library and a set of Windows, command line and web application to easily generate pass-phrases using Italian language dictionary.

I created the project in Visual Studio Community 2015 and created the online repository with the integrated extension: everything seemed normal except for one small detail.

LanguagesKO

The language details is the colored bar with details about the programming language used in the project: it was all wrong!
It showed programming languages I did not even know they existed, let alone used!

As GitHub uses an automatic system to determine the language used in a project, I started to think what could have fooled it into thinking my project was created with such exotic languages.
The easier answer to this question was the data contained into the italian dictionaries: a long list of common and uncommon italian words needed to generate random pass-phrases.

There is a simple method to override the automatic selection by let GitHub know what files needs to be ignored because imported from other libraries or because they are part of the Linguist documentation files.
So I edited the .gitattrtibutes file by adding:

$ cat .gitattributes
PassaFraseCore/Dizionario/* linguist-documentation

So instructing GitHub to identify all the files in the subfolder PassaFraseCore/Dizionario as  Linguist
And the result was much better!

LanguagesOK

Advertisements